We are currently seeking to fill in the position of an accountant.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial support to the , initiating outward payments, managing expenses, timely remittance and submission of statutory deductions and ensuring that suppliers and service providers are paid on time, while observing the company’s policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Reconciliations of suppliers and banks
- Prepare accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Supplier payments, payroll processing and computation of employee benefits.
- Management of the online bank payment platform
- Approve and monitor use of company vehicles and other inventories.
- Prepare annual financial reports for audit by the external auditor.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- NSSF preparation, reconciliation and update
- NHIF Filling and reconciliation
- I-tax management including PAYE, Instalment tax and final tax.
- Posting of supplier transactions
- Payroll processing, posting and upload on banking platform.
- Manage prepayments and accruals
- Posting and allocation of all imprest expenses to their rightful expense categories and preparing journals from the allocations and posting of the same to the accounting software for help in preparation of management accounts.
- Musthave a bachelor’s degree in business/accounting.
- Must be CPAK finalist
- Musthave experience in Quickbooks.
- Musthave at least 3 years of accounting experience
- Ability to accurately process payments, verifying invoices and reconciling statements
- Keen on deadline and timelines.
- Prior experience working with an audit firm will be an added advantage
Skills & proficiencies required:
- Reporting Skills and results
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
- Initiative and team player.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please click Here to make the application on or before Friday, 16th July 2021