Designation/ Job title : Accounts Assistant – Finance Dept.
Internship Period: The Internship runs for six (6) months after which the candidates are released to pursue opportunities in the job market.
Reports to : Project coordinator
The applicant must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation; Must provide recommendation/reference letter from the university/college attended; and Should not have undertaken any other Internship Program or been exposed to work-place experience related to their area of study since graduating.
- Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the primary responsibility will be on recording, reconciliations and documentation of all financial matters by ensuring timely and accurate records are kept.
- Bank Reconciliations for main bank account as well as other allocated Accounts and follow up on issues related to them in a manner of urgency.
- Generate and analyse reports on the allocated general ledger accounts for reconciliation purposes.
- Reconciliation of cross organization accounts and ensure timely reimbursements.
- Prepare bank balances including assessment of bank accounts.
- Process bank account transfers and facilitate dispatch of cheques and instructions to the bank.
- Check and approve activity requests in line with the overall proposed activities
- Revenue stamps requisition and dispatching to branches.
- Handling petty cash and staff imprest
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
The above duties are subject to review from time to time based on operational requirements.
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/Accounting or related field
- CPA I or equivalent
Method of Application
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to email@example.com on or before 24th ,September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “INTERN ACCOUNTS” on the subject line.