We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accounting and Admin officer to provide support to manage daily accounting tasks and overall company admin processes on a paid internship position based in Nairobi.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Attend to and manage general admin work
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with any other assigned accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with relevant computer softwares (QuickBooks, Wave accounting, etc.)
- Qualifications ( ACCA or CPA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field.