About the role
The company is looking to engage the services of a young, energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the legal team as a Admin Assistant. The position will afford successful individuals a unique opportunity to gain hands-on legal skills required to be part of a successfully legal team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting to ensure timely renewal and termination of third party contracts
- Updating and maintaining the contracts tracker
- Filling and organization of the legal departments’ in-house registry
- Under the supervision of the Legal Manager, assist in keeping records of all pending employee and labor relations matters and updating on their status weekly
- Under the supervision of the Legal Manager, assist in drafting simple contracts and leases to facilitate smooth running of company business in the communities it serves
- Research on legal issues as may be from time to time requested by the Legal Manager
- Performing any other general office and administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Legal Manager.
- BComm, BBIT or any business related degree(s)
- Must be computer literate with a firm grip on MS word and excel
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of paralegal, administrative and general office experience is desirable
- Supplementary training in legal and/or paralegal work will be an added advantage
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure
- High level of analytical skills
- High integrity.