Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure all administrative activities are conducted in line with the Administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review supporting documentation, verify claims for action and conformance with administrative rules and regulations and collaborate closely with other offices/units as appropriate.
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, asset management and light vehicle management related, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data; compile and prepare reports to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring, and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Supervise the outsourced contractors providing a variety of services, including cleaning and catering services, to ensure service provision in accordance with WFP specifications; maintain database of contracts validity and ensure timely processing of related payments.
- Perform other related duties as need arises.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification Administration/Finance or related field is required.
Four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work.
Proficiency in both oral and written English language.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with operating standards.
- Ability to provide ad-hoc guidance to junior colleagues and new staff members.
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with different partners in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently resolve problems.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
For this vacancy, priority consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply Via https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=143961&_ga=2.200124583.826548201.1627283912-1042836243.1627283912&utm