Position Level: Support
Position Code: AA
Department: Human Resources and Administration
Reports to: Human Resources and Administration
Date: 16th July 2021
The Administration Assistant/PA managing company administrative systems. She /he will ensure that COSEKE Kenya operates at the leading edge of operational efficiency and service quality whilst supporting the Management Team to deliver strategic and operational priorities.
- Manage the reception, switchboard, and mailroom.
- Schedule meetings and manage the CEO calendar
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with COSEKE’s operating requirements.
- Support the efficient running of COSEKE’s office daily operations.
- Support logistics for COSEKE’s activities.
- Minutes for staff meeting.
- Be responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Organize COSEKE Kenya Management meetings
- Ensure all files are stored and archived according to COSEKE policy and procedures
- Formulate correspondences on behalf of COSEKE Kenya as directed;
- Attend administrative meetings as scheduled
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the office and kitchen
- Be in charge of all flight bookings, travel arrangements, local transports for COSEKE Kenya office staff, advisors and consultants; both in-country and international.
- Be in charge of all visas, work permit and other government requirement for COSEKE Kenya office staff and families, advisors and consultants.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure the reception is attended to all the time.
- Effective communication throughout the organization
- Staff compliant to planning and reporting requirements
- Rules and regulations on timekeeping, security, access and meeting of deadlines are enforced
Assist in Keeping track of office supplies and send requisition as and when required Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with COSEKE regulations.
Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation
Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
Key Performance Indicators
All principles of Procurement are followed to get value for money
Procurements done on time
Quality Assurance/ Continuous Improvement
Participate in the continuous improvement process and COSEKE Quality System.
Assist with other organisational initiatives as required.
Act as the internal auditor for implementation of ISO 9001:2015 Policies and Procedures
- Help to create an environment where COSEKE is seen as a great place to work and where continuous improvement is the norm.
- Act as the company’s Internal auditor for implementation of ISO 9001:2015 Policies and Procedures
- Implement the company’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management system by following established processes and procedures
- Prepare regular work plans and reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
Key Performance Indicators
There is a Conducive work environment provided for staff to work in.
Education / Knowledge / Experience Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration/secretarial studies or Diploma in secretarial studies or relevant course.
- Computer literacy
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of Administration in a busy office.
- Prioritisation and time management
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion and confidentiality
- Experience of report writing utilising excel, word and power point
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving skills
- Recruitment and Selection experience
- Ability to innovate to create and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to support and influence all stakeholders, including heads of departments across the business
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles
- Expresses ideas & information in an accurate, relevant and timely manner utilising a two-way communication approach.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and convey information for their audience. This includes responding to audience feedback & adapting their approach.
- Keeps people informed.
- Demonstrates openness, honesty & consistency in behaviour.
- Can be relied upon. Generates confidence in others through professional & ethical behaviour
- Proactively asserts influence over events to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates a readiness to generate ideas & solutions.
- Is self-starting & takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Action Oriented
- Enjoys working hard.
- Demonstrates energy & drive for things seen as challenging.
- Is not fearful of taking action & seizes more opportunities than others.
- Career growth at Coseke is defined by you. We encourage and support continuous knowledge acquisition and self- drive for our employees.
Send applications on email@example.com
Deadline 27th July 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.