This position is based in Nairobi and reports to the organization’s FAM position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the MD and direct supervision of FAM, the incumbent will be responsible for the performance of the following activities related to Administration, Office and Procurement support functions for the W4W office. The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Receive, screen and direct telephone calls and visitors; respond to routine internal and external enquiries and/or refer to appropriate contacts.
- Receive, classify, distribute and mail all documents/packages and communications to and from the office.
- Responsible for the general office cleanliness and management
- Initiate, review and track a variety of administrative transactions, such as Purchase Requisitions, Bid Analysis and Request for Payments.
- Ensure Contractor payments are supported by Invoices
- Prepare a stock count report on a monthly basis
- Procure and ensure availability of office supplies and appropriate maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist with the MD’s travel arrangements and diary management
- Provide administrative support for consultants, interns and visitors.
- Prepare requisitions for equipment and supplies; complete necessary documentation for payment
- Ensure that office fixed assets are accounted and tracked.
- Prepare relevant asset forms and coordinate the tagging of the same. Assist on the annual physical fixed asset inventory count.
- Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the FAM and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count.
- Follow up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate.
- Answer general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
- Create budgets and orders office supplies.
- File and archives accurate records.
- Manage health and safety as well as fire regulations within the office.
- Negotiate and manage office insurance contracts.
- Manage the customer complaint procedure.
- Provide administrative support for the MD as needed.
- Provide a warm, friendly environment for visitors, employees and such in the reception area.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Qualifications, skills and experience
- Diploma in HR/Business Management or related is required
- Procurement qualification an added advantage
- Two years’ office administration/ secretarial/stores management experience including a busy reception desk is required
- Highly organized and attention to details
- Knowledge of basic MS Office (email, spread-sheets, word, job-related software, etc.) is required
- Team-work and participation
- Ability to communicate clearly
- High level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative.
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Managing Processes and Professionalism.
- Basic accounting or book keeping skills is preferred.
- Commitment to and understanding of the vision, mission, and value proposition
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.