PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Finance Manager – The Assistant Finance Manager will ensure efficient financial operations to maximize on shareholder value and prepare accurate financial reports.
PRIMARY Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare budgets and enforce all budget related control measures.
- Plan and manage cash flows for optimal liquidity and investment returns.
- Regularly review and advise the business of potential control weaknesses, gaps and areas of improvement.
- Engage with fund managers to ensure correct investment of funds.
- Timely preparation and filing of periodical returns to relevant authorities.
- Ensure tax compliance across the business.
- Timely preparation of monthly management accounts and financial performance report.
- Continuously check the general ledgers for accuracy and completeness.
- Monthly reconciliation of the investment’s registers, operational data, and bank reconciliations.
- Check and authorize payment vouchers.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Prepare financial statements for audit and prepare the audit file.
- Enforce internal financial controls and effect sound financial management.
- Ensure compliance with IAS, IFRS and other relevant regulation requirements.
- Prepare and submit adhoc reports on strategic and financial issues as may be required.
- Conduct continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring of the Finance team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- CPA (K) / ACCA qualifications
- Over 8 years’ experience in a busy finance environment of which 3 should be in a senior role.
- In depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- An in-depth grasp of Kenyan Taxation regulations and Insurance regulatory requirements
Required skills and Competencies
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and management experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.