Positions Available: 2
We are currently providing cold storage services, market linkages, and are in the process of setting up 2 avocado oil pressing facilities for small holder farmers in Murang’a and Embu. Our ambition is to reduce food loss on the farm, increase farmer income, and provide professional services to the food industry in Kenya.
Your role in SokoFresh
As the Production Technician at SokoFresh you will be responsible for the setup and efficient day-day operation of the production facility with a goal of producing high quality avocado oil. You will work with the SokoFresh operations team and our network of small holder farmers.
Oversee daily operations of small processing facilities in Murang’a and Embu.
- Production management and materials planning:
- Manage weekly and monthly production schedules by forecast the inputs required to meet the necessary output targets and designing the production cycles.
- Plan with the operations team on supply of raw materials to ensure consistency of productions.
- Monitor the buying and quality of materials used in production to give maximum output.
- Ensure that work gets done within the stipulated budget while maintaining quality standards and ensuring timely delivery.
- Maintain, compile, store and retrieve any data and information related to production.
- Review production, quality, operations, and maintenance reports and come up with recommendations to reduce the cost of production, increase revenue and improve quality.
- Ensure that all the safety and precautionary measures are adhered to in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Implement different ideas to provide innovative operating procedures and methods to eliminate obstacles in production and improve quality.
- Revise schedules in case of absence of employees or in case of failure of production equipment.
- Coordinate with all departments for smooth operation and development.
- Be responsible for keeping all aspects of the factory clean, tidy, and well-organized.
- Adopt and install the most modern techniques/ machinery available in the market and mechanize where possible to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Utilize the workforce appropriately and at a reasonable cost.
- Coordinate and direct staff in their day-to-day activities to achieve their targets.
- Oversee safety of the workforce by complying to safety regulations and taking the right precautionary measures.
- Design incentive schemes to increase productivity and motivate the team.
- Design and frequently implement upskilling training sessions for the team.
Skills and Competencies
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural or Production Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- 3+ years working experience in Manufacturing companies as an Avocado Oil production officer / manager.
- Knowledge and experience in the Food safety management system.
- Knowledge and experience in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Good technical and analytical skills required.
- Good attitude, leadership skill and interpersonal skill
- Willing to work in remote areas.
- Not averse to change, must be able to listen and collect opinions from its team, analyze these points and put new systems into place where necessary.
- Experience in people management and oil processing supervision.
What we offer you
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging environment.
- A job with purpose and societal impact
- The opportunity to part of a team working towards achieving zero food loss goals.
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues
For this role, we are offering an initial 1-year contract for 40 to 45 hours per week. We offer a job with leadership opportunities, space to problem solve, exercise creativity, and change the world for the best.
Does this sound like you? Are you interested? Please apply here before 30th July 2021.