Currently we are looking for an ambitious and energetic CFO East Africa to shape, drive and manage the Finance function and define the Country and Cluster functional strategy to maintain short and long-term financial health of the Cluster, and partner. The person will also advise the management team and influence strategic direction in line with Regional/sub regional strategy, financial policies, legal framework and accounting standards.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Lead the function or multiple sub-functions on a cluster level.
- Establish and implement strategies that have long-term (5+ years) impact on business results in alignment with global/regional objectives and directly impacting the organization’s business strategy.
- Shape and define Finance strategy for the Cluster including all financial management services, planning, analysis, reporting and budgets considering Regional/Sub-regional strategy, financial policies, and legal framework and accounting standards.
- Lead Country CFOs within the Cluster and provide necessary support to the Eastern Africa Senior management to achieve business performance and meet short term and long term targets.
- Plan, organize and control delivery and quality of Finance initiatives and services for Kenya and Eastern Africa Cluster to achieve financial transparency, maintain short and long-term financial health, and partner, advice and challenge the management team and influence strategic direction.
- Professional leader, line manager for the Cluster finance function involving multiple finance disciplines.
- Provide financial management and controlling services to specific business area(s) of larger scale/ complexity across several countries within the Cluster.
- Manage cross country diversity in terms of stakeholder management of multiple senior Country, Cluster and Regional leadership.
- Direct and manage exposure to corporate financial matters, including credit management and cash flow optimization.
- Promote the application of the Finance Function internally to ensure that the potential is fully exploited by the business and financial capability built.
- Lead and resolve major/ most complex financial initiatives and issues, drawing on internal and external specialist expertise as needed (i.e. business strategy, expanding operations, efficiency initiatives).
- Manage service relationship with large business unit as member of senior business team.
- Anticipate changing needs/ trends across different markets and geographies.
- Build executive sponsorship and support for key strategic business or finance initiatives.
- Introduce and steer innovations in existing financial processes, systems and methods for enhanced effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop finance solutions that reflect best practices and work across multiple business areas/ functions/ countries or clusters.
- Negotiate critical agreements/contracts with other departments and 3rd parties.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with senior business leaders across DPDHL and partner organizations.
- Influence others across DPDHL and externally as an internally and externally recognized thought leader representing the Group.
- Champion cooperation and partnership to provide integrated solutions to problems.
- Lead the Finance & Accounting team across the Cluster (incl. remote management).
- Ensure appropriate talent selection, organization and leadership for major areas of the organization.
Your profile should look like:
- More than 10 years
- Master’s degree
- Management & leadership experience, ability to manage in matrix setup.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Open minded, willing & able to lean and try out new things.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with all levels of an organization.
- Strong change management skills.
- International and strong brand support with clear processes
- Flexible working hours with possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development supported global internal training plan
- International company environment
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Application deadline is till 08th August, 2021.