We are looking for a Chief Trainer who will ensure effective and efficient training of Security Guards, Supervisors, Radio Controllers, Drivers, MRT Crews as well coordinating the logistical requirements of trainings.
- Produce annual schedules and plans of how every all-uniformed staff within the company will complete their company required training i.e., Refresher training, Health and Safety, Medical etc.
- The Chief Trainer is to spot check all PDB’s (Personnel Development Books) to ensure the training schedule timelines are being adhered to as well as ensuring the data is captured on the company training data base.
- Review and oversee the issuing of all training documentation ensuring we are using current and relevant material in our training.
- Design and implement the manning schedules including leave within the Training Department.
- Design and implement the lesson manning schedules covering which classrooms and instructors will be assigned to each lesson. Each instructor should be given a minimum of
- seven days’ notice with regards to lessons and topics they will be expected to teach, this
- will ensure lesson plans are produced and presented to the Training Manager 48 hours
- before each lesson is set to begin.
- Ensure all lesson plans are reviewed and assessed ensuring the correct level of teaching is being given. The training manager is to ensure training plans and courses are constantly reviewed and updated when required to ensure the company are setting the training standards across Kenya.
- Receive and review Tasking’s given by the Head of Operations.
- Ensure the correct level and standard of equipment, uniform and PPE is issued and used by the company employees during training.
- The Chief Trainer is to ensure all employee training competencies and qualifications are updated and collated on the various company databases.
- Using the training data, the Chief Trainer is to inform the Head of Operations of any areas of concerns, if there are areas then a plan of action for remedial action is to be produced and presented to the Head of Operations for review.
- To ensure profiling and assessment of every employee who undergoes training.
- Where required is to liaise with outside agencies who will assist with training i.e., facilities managers, other training providers, catering etc.
- Produce predicted yearly budgets and present to the Head of Operations.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Security Guard Training; Associate Degree.
- Over (5) years’ experience in Security Guard Training.
- Ability to oversee compliance to established company/legal & regulatory standards on security trainings, health and safety.
- Ability to oversee (if required) in investigation of incidents and prepare reports within the stipulated timelines.
- Draw an efficient overall /individualized training and development plan.
- Budget preparation for training program.
- A training professional with a proven track record in the training and security arena.
- Ability to carry out scope of work and produce the relevant level of supporting documentation to support such schemes.
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- An intermediate level of IT skills with a very good working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages.
- Good knowledge of technology driven security solutions as well as a willingness to
- continually upgrade that knowledge.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills, with a “hands on”, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents, pro-active and self-motivated.
- An ability to work as part of team and also have the ability to lead teams.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting requirements to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail, with a consulting mind-set.
- Understanding financial practices such as cost control and budgeting, demonstrating financial acumen in all decision making.
- Must have the highest level of integrity, vigilant and of sound judgement.
Method of Application
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating on the
email subject the position you are applying for by 23rd July 2021.