Reporting To: Child Welfare Officers
Base Location: Garissa, Mandera and Nairobi 100%
Under the supervision of the child welfare officer the intern will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of child welfare activities in Mandera County working with a dynamic team in the field he/she will ensure that core commitments to children are upheld in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Islamic Relief and other international Laws protecting children from harm and abuse.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mobilize the orphan beneficiaries during payments, and collection of annual progress reports.
- Assist in development and timely submission of the orphan progress report.
- Support in facilitating orphans’ quarterly payments and passing extra gifts to orphans.
- Document and share success stories/case studies on quarterly basis.
- Conduct routine orphan family visits to check and monitor children’s education progress.
- Assist to collect photos for the baseline data for orphan bio data, progress reports and other periodic reports.
- Facilitate account opening for newly sponsored orphans.
- Prepare and share orphan family visits reports.
- Maintain sponsored Orphans record in both hard and soft copies.
- Assist in the identification, registration of new orphans fitting IRK sponsorship criteria.
- Compile orphans’ drawings\letter scan and share with the respective donors.
- Conduct child protection sensitization during the orphan home visits.
- Deliver health and nutrition sensitization messages to orphan families.
- Assist in linking older orphans and guardians to polytechnic for acquiring life skills.
- Perform other related duties as may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in social sciences or development studies. Project management, Business management, sociology, and other related fields
- Knowledge of Community Development, Skills in documentation community Facilitation networking and partnership skills
- Holds personal values ethics and attitudes which are in line with principles or values of child protection
- Project Management skills /Report writing are added advantage
- Good interpersonal relationship, conflict Management skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of the local languages is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications especially MS word, MS excel, MS Access Power point
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.**
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for work and Honesty
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict project deadlines.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Method of Application
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20th August 2021.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis