About The Role
The Cloud Systems Engineer will manage software, hardware and networks. You will maintain reliable operations of the production, test, and development environments for applications and infrastructure at One Acre Fund. You will ensure compliance to policies and standards. You will collaborate with engineering teams to manage the performance of applications in the production environments.
As a member of the IT Operations department, the Cloud Systems Engineer will report to the Enterprise Architect.
- Manage operations of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Maintain security through identity management, certificates, protocols, access controls and firewalls
- Manage capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Establish proper governance in the administration of systems by defining policies, standards, processes and best practice guidelines
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- One or more relevant professional certifications, such as:
- Azure Certified (AZ900,AZ104, AZ303) – Highly preferred
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert)
- Linux Certifications: LPIC-1 or LPIC-2
- Cisco CCNA-Cloud
- Administering Kubernetes clusters (AKS, GKE, EKS or on-premises)
- Shell script or interpreted languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, and Windows PS
- Managing infrastructure security using identity management, certificates, VLAN, and access controls
- Planning, design, implementing and managing IT networks
- Implementing standards and best practices in infrastructure management
- Managing continuous development, testing, and integration.
- 5+ years of experience managing cloud-hosted IT infrastructure and Microsoft SQL Server database environments
- 1+ years of experience managing other IT professionals
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant field