- Degree in communication, journalism or public relation from a recognized University
- Three years relevant experience in Communications, Media or Public Relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in both English and Kiswahili) and social media skills.
- Desire to serve people.
- Able to deal with a diversity of people of different cultures and able to build bridges
- A committed Christian
- Good organizing, planning, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Computer literate with hands on experience on internet and MS Office applications
- Must be a team player.
Role Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Communications Officer job exists to create and implement approved communications strategies and policies ensuring effective communication with the employees, community, government, partners and the public in general
The right candidate will be required to:
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in managing the hospital brand and reputation.
- Responsible for all internal communication at Tenwek Hospital.
- Provide technical support for all communication matters, coordinate development of communication strategy and deliver communication objectives throughout the Hospital.
- Provide in-house public relations and marketing for Tenwek Hospital
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Hospital administrator for communication policy direction
- Provide shadowing supervision for the unit communication champions
- Ensure generation of internal newsletter/e-newsletters and other communication material to update all regular and interim supporters of Tenwek Hospital.
- Proactive and strategically engaged with external stakeholders through media relations both online and offline with the approval of Chief Executive Officer.
- Coordinate and design uniform format for use in all IEC materials and printed publication of the institution.
- Responsible for the hospital communication infrastructure and equipment.
- Cultivate strategic media visibility.
- Monitor all publicity and notify the Chief Executive Officer promptly.
- Ensure the Communication unit maintains a Resource Center with medical research and other material relevant to Tenwek Hospital’s work to facilitate research and dissemination.
- Work with Human Resources Office to provide appropriate communication training.
- Manage Tenwek Hospital social media sites.
- Communicating in terms of crisis and risk management
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Method of Application
Apply to email@example.com