Are you a visually talented communications professional with experience in graphic design, based in the Nairobi area who wants to work as an integral part of a growing team in an international development consulting firm?
Based in Nairobi, NIRAS Africa is the Head Office for all NIRAS offices in Africa: Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia with a responsibility for Kenya and the neighboring countries not covered by an office, mainly Rwanda, South Sudan, and Somalia.
About the job:
- Nairobi office communications focal point.
- Maintaining NIRAS visual image and brand across tender and project documents, reports, and written communications materials.
- Graphic and visual support to tender development using NIRAS templates.
- Supporting project managers in the development of project briefs and news items for internal and external audiences.
- Supporting project managers in the development of communications products for client projects either directly or through connections with communications and graphic design consultants (promotional material, mid-term and final reports, newsletters, videos, brochures, etc).
- Strengthen and provide support to relevant project team communication staff within African Region.
- Lead in showcasing Africa regional projects by creating communications plans and strategies for ongoing/upcoming projects and keeping the website up to date.
- Increase the visibility of the projects through written (story collection, articles), visual content (online designs), on website, newsletter, social media, and event management/meetings.
- Play a leading role in collating external reports and news articles from local media, analyze media trends and potential for social media activities.**
- Other tasks as required which may come as your role at NIRAS evolves.
Suitable candidates should meet the following requirements:
- University degree in, Communications, Journalism, Arts, Social Sciences, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience in a similar role in public relations, communication, awareness raising, journalism and/or marketing.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or other graphic design programmes (please provide links to samples of your work in your cover letter or CV).
- High competence in English-language writing skills.
- Ability to create promotional materials such as brochures and visually appealing reports and develop visual concepts, graphics – including infographics – and layouts for newsletters, reports and other communications materials.
- Independent and self-motivated worker, ability to work as part of a global team, meeting deadlines and delivering fast turnaround when needed.
- Experience with storytelling and sharing project results and successes in a visually appealing and interesting way.
- Ability to “translate” detailed policy documents into succinct briefs, highlighting key points and important take-aways.
- Experience with website design and content management systems a plus
- Experience in video production a plus.
- Strong business acumen, with a growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
The right candidate will possess the problem-solving skills necessary to manage emerging challenges and be able to think independently. Valued in perspective, candidates also will have a genuine interest in development consulting and of course a positive and open-minded work approach.
Method of Application
If this sounds like a job for you, please feel submit your application on JUKI@niras.com by 30TH August 2021. Hard copies will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you. We will consider any applicant with the appropriate skills equally, irrespective of their background