- Diploma in Community Oral Health from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years of experience in a busy dental clinic (Hospital experience will be an added advantage).
- Be of mature, friendly, confident and caring nature.
- Possess appropriate personal characteristics such as effective Patient Care.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and report accurately.
- Proficient in Computer skills.
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible person with self-discipline.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills with the ability to work under no supervision.
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Lead and direct the implementation of Community Oral Health activities.
- Ensure prudent management and use resources allocated for implementation of Community Oral Health activities.
- Delivery of Dental Services
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Recommend and ensure cost effective buying of equipment and supplies and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
- Awareness on Oral Health
- Plan treatment and health promotion programs.
- Health Quality Controls and Assurance
- Ensure that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services.
- Ensure adherence to regulations for dental clinics.
- Ensure all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
- Maintain stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
- Prepare and submit reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.