About the role
Reporting to the Grants and Impact Manager, the Corporate Development Associate will play an important supporting role in the next phase of Pawame’s growth by managing the flow of information about Pawame to external stakeholders. This includes:
- Sourcing and preparing successful grant and award applications.
- Coordinating reporting and compliance requirements to Pawame’s donors and investors.
- Creating meaningful and up-to-date content and communications for Pawame’s shareholders and potential investors.
- Administering due diligence requirements for debt and equity investors.
- Supporting shareholder administration activities.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Pawame secures additional grant funding and award recognition to fuel further growth
- Identify suitable grant and award opportunities from industry publications, advisors, and social media.
- Lead the preparation of grant and award applications in a timely, professional and efficient manner, collecting relevant information from the Pawame team.
- Manage additional information requests from donors during application processes.
- Maintain Pawame’s grant tracker and grant application folders in neat and up-to-date condition.
Pawame adheres to all reporting and compliance requirements set by donors and investors
- Identify and organizing reporting & compliance requirements from grant and debt providers as well as other external stakeholders as relevant.
- Coordinate Pawame’s reporting processes, collecting information from Data & Analytics, Finance, Product, and Sales teams and providing them to external stakeholders in a timely and professional way.
- Coordinate Pawame’s ESG policies and documentation under the supervision of the Grants & Impact Manager.
Pawame’s shareholders and potential investors are informed and up-to-date on Pawame’s progress
Implement and improve Pawame’s corporate communications plan, including:
- Maintain Pawame’s social media presence by curating and producing content Pawame’s social media platforms;
- Write Pawame’s quarterly newsletters for shareholders and potential investors;
- Monitor Pawame’s social media platforms and ensure timely responses to queries;
- Track Pawame’s social media performance using key metrics;
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Pawame’s due diligence processes are managed in an efficient, timely and professional manner
- Maintain Pawame’s investor data room up-to-date.
- Keep Pawame’s investor deck and other materials up-to-date.
- Assist the CFO in gathering requisite due diligence materials in a timely fashion for equity and debt investors.
- Maintain FAQ bank for due diligence and application processes.
- Communicate with investors on due diligence needs.
Pawame’s shareholder administration is executed in timely and accurate manner
- Administer KYC processes and onboarding new shareholders;
- Develop and maintain Pawame’s investor & shareholder database;
- Other administrative tasks as needed on an ad hoc basis as directed by the Grants & Impact Manager, CEO or CFO.
KEY CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP & INTERFACES
The Associate will report to the CFO on due diligence matters and liaise closely on compliance and reporting requirements.
Data & Analytics
The Associate will work with the Data and Analytics team to ensure that accurate, timely data is produced and available for communications and reporting.
Product & Sales
The Associate will work with the Product Manager and Sales and Marketing Director to identify needs and new opportunities for grant funding.
Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fundraising, investment or a communications role required.
Technical attributes and competencies
- Excellent English writing skills required.
- Experience in communications and content-production strongly preferred.
- Experience in interacting with donors strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of investment and financing terminology preferred.
- Some project management experience preferred and interest in project management required.
Behavioral attributes and competencies
- Strong professional, proactive communicator.
- Creative thinker, adept at identifying new opportunities.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities & tight timelines.
- Team player & eager to learn about the off-grid solar sector & about all areas of the company operations. Previous off-grid solar experience not required.
- Healthcare Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Middle management training programs.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Subsidized meals at the Pawame Headquarters.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you’re expected to work with integrity, discipline and drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contributes to our success in different ways and have meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.