Nourishing Africa is seeking to employ a passionate Data and Research Analyst to join its team of young, dynamic professionals working to transform the agri-food industry in Africa. The Data and Research Analyst will be responsible for a new research project at Nourishing Africa. The Data and Research Analyst will develop and implement the research methodology, gather and analyze data using statistical methods, maintain and constantly improve the quality of data, and present the results of research in visually appealing formats.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the project research plan and methodology.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Coordinate, develop, and initiate, and respond to information and data requests received from within the organization to allow for evidence-based and data-informed policy.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Develop policy and action suggestions based on research and analytics.
- Promote positive relationships with external partners and partners generated from the research project
- Create and submit a database of contacts of stakeholders engaged during the research work.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis as necessary.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Create appropriate documentation to support effective requirements definition, including charts, graphs, and logic model diagrams as needed.
- Assess research requirements and utilizing improved tactics for appropriate statistical programming and analysis.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on data research to the Management
- Participate in staff and team meetings, training and staff development activities as scheduled
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, committed to excellence, with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in statistics, data analytics, research, economics, or in any other related area.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Proven experience in research design and implementation.
- Experiences conducting multi-stakeholder research projects.
- Ability to be work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to conduct primary and secondary research.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and interpreting large data sets and relational databases.
- Familiarity with data modelling
- Experience with database tools such as SQL, Tableau, SAS, and/or Python
- Excellent data visualization skills.
- Top-notch structured report writing skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS office suite
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.