Coordinating the demand planning process between the Commercial and Operational teams for both processed foods and fresh produce. This involves linking the sales demand, plantation fruit estimate, finished goods inventories and external outsourcing to produce monthly & weekly production schedules. Driving improvement in forecasting through effective communication with all departments and set up extensive demand planning tools to deliver customer demand and optimum inventory levels down to item level.
Main accountabilities of the Demand Planner will include: –
- Consolidating monthly sales volume requirements from all markets to produce a 12 month revolving forecast. Analyzing changing market trends and communicate effectively with commercial team to predict future requirements.
- Evaluating raw material tonnages and fruit size distributions for canning and fresh operations by field and month to calculate solid recoveries and fresh size availability for a 12 month revolving forecast.
- Coordinating and leading meetings to analyze and reconcile significant deviations.
- Developing & maintaining a credible tool to combine sales demand, raw material supply and finished goods inventories to produce a 12 monthly revolving production forecast by line item.
- Managing finished product inventory targets by month to ensure sufficient buffer to satisfy demand but without exceeding warehouse space constraints. Communicate with commercial team if needed to move inventories to available overseas warehouses.
- Linking demand planning model to material requirement forecast in order to procure items such as sugar, tin plate, ends, copper wire, drums and other raw materials & packaging.
- Co-ordinating cross-functional meetings to facilitate short term & long term strategic planning addressing raw material supply, production capabilities and sales demand.
- Working closely with Estimate and Fresh Logistics to adjust the weekly volumes based on the forecast.
- Compiling to set company policies and be flexible to take up roles and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements: –
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics / Marketing / Finance /industrial Engineering or Demand Planning from a recognized institution.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, very accurate with attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, highly skilled in advanced excel spreadsheets and forecasting methods.
- Five years plus experience in manufacturing / FMCG organization.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of the supply chain process
- Results oriented, hardworking, persuasive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to think strategically and effectively present data in an organized manner.