Reporting to the Cluster Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for improving the accuracy and reliability of the Demand Plan through projection of the most accurate estimate of customer demand and manage exceptions to enhance the responsiveness of the organisation’s Supply Chain in fulfilling customer demand.
Working in the Demand planning team means having contact with a lot of departments including Sales, Marketing or Finance. You have to be able to challenge them based on your analysis and forecast.
A day in the life of…
Managing the full supply chain scope of leading categories: stock levels, forecast, product launches.
Consistently achieve sustainable Demand Plan Accuracy (DPA) improvement: (accuracy level and variability, bias balance).
Implement improvements to Demand and Supply Planning processes and tools to deliver tangible benefits (e.g.: time savings, increased efficiencies etc).
Capture, prioritize, analyze and input Generating Demand events; customer, consumer & competitor information; other external / internal trends and influences, which impact demand plan.
In accordance with the Consensus Demand Planning process, communicate relevant information to Senior Management by:
- Highlighting gaps, Detailing impacts of proposed actions and related trade offs, Ensuring actions and Demand Plans are realistic and achievable
- Use appropriate statistical models and parameters, interpret results to generate accurate base demand forecasts
Provide necessary information for Key Decision Makers in the Innovation and Renovation (I&R) process for decisions on:
- commercial proposals
- cost versus service
What will make you successful
- University Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or any other relevant field for this role
- Minimum of 3 years in a Demand Planning
- Affinity for the Supply Chain is a must
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experiance in SAP APO
- Be able to influence others through solid analysis
- Enjoy negotiating, problems solving and decision making