Zetech University is a premier University offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. We offer programs in Information Technology, Business, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism, Development Studies, Education, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
To support this growth and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated team members, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Director, Corporate Affairs and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the position holder will support the University by leading in developing and implementing strategies in Marketing, Enrolment, Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Sports and the University Website, that are aligned to our Vision and Mission.
S/he will among others be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of student enrolment and marketing strategies and plans to meet enrolment targets;
- Institutional development and market intelligence: Identifying the best market positioning, monitoring and reporting on competitor activities, evaluating and reporting on new customer segments or other opportunities within the industry and enhancing key partnerships;
- Managing the University brand and reputation by overseeing the development, design, production and publication of media that consistently reinforces and protects the University brand;
- Overseeing optimal use of all media including publications, print media, TV, Radio, email, social media and others to communicate and promote a positive and consistent image of the University internally and externally including in crisis response incidences;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community leaders to understand the needs of the community and to determine how best the University may provide support, selling the business case for CSR programs to stakeholders and coordinating CSR activities;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Service Charter and the management of customer relationships by soliciting feedback, analysing, acting on resolution and responding to complaints in a timely and appropriate manner;
- In charge of organising University events and sports management, overseeing the University sport teams in trainings and league matches;
- Overseeing the University website management ensuring it maintains adequate content, relevance, currency, accuracy and top ranking.
Qualification and Experience
- Have a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree with a bias in Marketing, PR, Communications, Branding or a related area from a recognised University;
- Membership of a Professional body in Marketing or Communication;
- Working knowledge of social media;
- PhD in a relevant area will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience.
The Director, Corporate Affairs and Marketing should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven experience in interacting effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Tech Savvy, ability to create excellent reports and presentations;
- Ability to manage and develop staff and to create competitive, passionate, result driven, teams;
- Ability to identify and seize opportunities;
- Lead and positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the University;
- Timeliness and effective completion of tasks.
Method of Application
Interested candidates send their application letters and updated CVs indicating their current and expected gross salary and benefits via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Job Ref: ZU/10/25/137” on the subject line not later than 27th August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER