SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Cowater International is looking to identify an exceptional candidate for the upcoming FCDO Evidence Fund opportunity. The Evidence Fund seeks to deliver accessible high-quality research, evaluation and evidence products targeting policy, country specific and regional priorities available for use by FCDO and the international development sector. This will be achieved through a coherent and integrated approach to research and evaluation across three regions: East Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, and South Asia.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The candidate will be responsible for and oversee all activities of the Evidence Fund management team bringing together the strategic vision with the operational implementation to ensure successful performance and delivery of outputs and results. They will bring significant expertise to guide the senior management team in their responsibilities to help maximise impact and value. Key skills and experience include:
- International portfolio and supplier management experience at a senior level, particularly in relation to strategic leadership and delivering donor development funds (essential);
- Proven experience bringing together portfolio vision with operational delivery across number of sub-suppliers, delivery components and countries;
- Expertise in the management and delivery of research, evidence and evaluation including ensuring effective quality assurance and peer review
- Strong track record of managing delivery of suppliers through commercial mechanisms/frameworks;
- Strong track record of managing risk, and adaptive and flexible approaches to delivery in complex portfolios;
- Expertise in working cross-sectors, bringing together political, economic and development issues.*Additional information:* Full-time. Based in any of the respective regions (East Africa, MENA, South Asia) or the UK. Experience in at least two of the three regions required.