What you’ll be doing:
- Be a part of our team of world-class Emergency Response Operators (hERO) that run our 24/7 dispatch center
- Respond to all emergency calls; quickly evaluate the situation and take appropriate action.
- Use the information collected from the caller and send it to the first responder response team.
- Provide essential medical instructions to callers and patients in emergency situations until the emergency responders and/or ambulance providers arrive on the scene.
- Monitor and maintain the location of various first response vehicles using a tech platform.
- Coordinate for the admission of patients to the hospital by informing the hospital of the state of the patient and confirming bed availability.
- Enter all data into the Flare platform and document and report on each call and case handled by keeping a log of all calls received, relevant call information like medical history, and any care provided.
- Summarize results on a monthly basis in a report to management highlighting trends, any issues, and suggestions for improvement.
- Operate various communication equipment and technologies including computers, radio calls, mobile/ landline phone systems, and web platforms and tools.
- Perform other duties as required which may include and as you identify to improve the entire process. This may include data management and entry of ambulance and hospital data, relationship management with ambulance providers and hospitals, and additional skills training.
- Identify and develop new protocols as needed in addition to providing real-time feedback and communication post dispatches around existing protocols to further improve upon them.
Basic requirements for the role:
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional active listening skills
- The ability to stay focused yet be able to juggle many ongoing tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer savviness
- Ability to blind type at a speed of at least 35 wpm
Things that will make you stand out:
- Experience in emergency medicine ( paramedic, nurse, doctor), critical care / ICU nurse, mental health or palliative care
- Experience in fire fighting or security response
- Experience in aeromedical evacuations and coordination
- Active certification in BLS and ACLS
Method of Application
To Apply: Use the button below to submit your application. Please include the following:
- A 1-page resume (PDF) that highlights your most relevant achievements in each role. We will not accept any resumes over 1-page.
- A 1-minute video answering the question “What did you do today”. The application form will allow you to record and upload a video.