The successful candidate will be responsible for operating directional drill rigs used for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduit in a safe and effective manner.
- Operates drilling rig machines for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduits.
- Sets equipment up including the drill, water tanks and grounding machines and other accessories
- Knowledge of understanding the entire drilling process from setup to calibration to pullback
- Communicates with and closely works with Project Managers and Site Supervisors
- Maintaining a safe working environmental for self and others
- Maintain the drilling machine and all its accessories in clean, good working condition
- Maintain and submit complete and accurate files/logs/pictures/reports as determined by the Supervisor and/or Management
- Establishes daily maintenance program for the rig
- Assist in the loading/unloading of equipment, materials and supplies needed for daily work
- Responsible for the site set-up and clean-up
- The candidate must be in possession of Diploma of Ground Water (Drilling Option) from a recognized institution, Kenya Water Institute or any other approved equivalent qualifications
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a busy water drilling and installation work shop and working with drilling machines.
- Mechanical skills
- Passed the departmental Occupational Test III
- Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.