About the role | Ecosystem Manager:
As a core member of the Emerging Enterprise division, the Ecosystem Manager’s key objectives include fostering an understanding of MFS Africa’s SMME offering in the market as well as creating demand and advocating for SMMEs within MFS Africa. The Ecosystem Manager role is interdisciplinary, interfacing with the products, marketing and sales teams, while being an external community champion.
As the Ecosystem Manager, you will often be the main customer touch point for SMMEs in the region. To build a trusting relationship, you will spend a significant portion of your time on the ground, building and maintaining partnerships with SMME’s in East Africa. You will become a trusted advisor in the ecosystem by developing a deep understanding of how our products are used and the emerging needs of SMMEs in the region.
Internally, you will drive the ecosystem engagement strategy and assist in market strategy, product communication and positioning. Your role will also entail bolstering pre-sales efforts in conjunction with sales and marketing personnel. You will work collaboratively with the brand function to provide brand marketing requirements, and with the EE team to produce relevant content for Beyonic platforms.
The role requires an individual capable of maintaining an understanding of the full range of Beyonic’s features, as well as the markets and regulatory environments within which the product operates. You should also be capable of articulating product benefits to diverse stakeholders and managing product marketing and go-to-market efforts. Empathy towards SMMEs is the most important intangible skill necessary to succeed in this role.
- To build a community of engaged SMMEs who can become Beyonic customers, creating opportunities for meaningful engagement.
- Create and maintain an ecosystem strategy to maximize marketing ROI and support the overarching marketing and sales strategy.
- Build an understanding of the user journey of comparative products. Engage the product team in improving the user experience for the Beyonic product.
- Understand market trends, client needs and develop strategies to position and differentiate MFS Africa’s products to meet business objectives.
- Develop and evolve a brand awareness, outreach and content strategy that involves hosting events, participating in conferences and speaking engagements to drive brand engagement.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with partners, clients, and new audiences.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of go-to-market strategy documents, marketing plans or launch plans.
- Create and present information about MFS Africa’s products and the markets these products serve for social channels.
- Implement the company’s strategy to grow digital business within our target countries.
- Work with the community engagement teams to develop and maintain a vibrant community of promoters.
- Work with colleagues across the MFS Africa team to delight our partners.
- Assist with the implementation of social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
Does This Sound Like You?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves):
- Minimum 4-5 years marketing/communications experience managing social channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Marketing, Business Management, Finance, or any other relevant field.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, possibly including Copywriting skills.
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- An understanding of the Africa fintech operating environment, and how fintech products are delivered and via what channels.
- An understanding of mobile money, and how it impacts SMMEs.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- Pan-African exposure is a plus.
- Post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- Public speaking capability.
- Strong networking capabilities.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- Self-driven individual with a high degree of resilience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with cross-cultural competency.
- A team player with the ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.