- Oversee training, coaching and on-going support of teachers to improve instructional practices
- Work with the IT officer and other Digital learning service providers to ensure equipment and software are up to date.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all digital learning equipment in schools
- Support data collection and management for research and needs assessment
- Training; Provide regular training for new and current members of staff for new and existing applications.
- Ensure data and system integrity by setting up and administrating ICT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
- Maintain necessary documentation for system maintenance and follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all ICT equipment.
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required.
Oversight of teacher education interventions
- Oversee the initial training of learning of teachers, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to the supervisor and senior management, project partners and donors.
- Promote the quality of teacher education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- University degree in Education in IT; advanced degree preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a range of technologies to support learning and teaching including e-portfolios, plagiarism detection platforms and content authoring software.
- A good understanding of current developments in Learning and Teaching especially regarding the use of technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of online learning design and development.
- Up to date knowledge of best practices in accessibility, user-centred, universal and mobile learning platforms and resources.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate their potential in terms of application to learning and teaching
- At least three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education technology programming, experience related to teacher professional development.
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in representation and liaison with external actors
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
- Ability to communicate and maintain highly professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to explain computer and IT concepts to staff who may have very basic IT knowledge.
- Able to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain PC and local office hardware and software applications.
- Able to set up and manage internet routers, Wi-Fi access points, printers, projectors, scanners.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure.
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations.
- Willingness to work outside regular office hours including weekends when needed