About the role
We currently seek to recruit a Factory Crew Lead. Please note that the role will be based in Kinanie, Athi River Machakos County
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the assigned equipment. These are industrial filling machines, greenhouses, motors, chain-belts, hoppers.
- Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges.
- Lead scrum meetings in your sections.
- Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area.
- Lead workmen at your section to resolve agreed issues.
- Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to equipment in your assigned factory section.
- Meet biweekly with your line manager to review and set expectations for your performance.
- Meet biweekly with your reports to review and set expectations for their performance.
- Report your section’s performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms.
- Training new or existing operators on equipment operations and execution of daily tasks.
- Work with other section supervisors to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule.
- Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules.
- Attend and actively participate all team meetings.
- Maintain effective working relationships through treating your colleagues with respect.
- Resolved misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner.
- Have cordial interactions with the community as you do your work.
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community.
- Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
- Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear.
- Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved.
- Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor.
- Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor.
- Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy.
- Conduct scheduled Gemba/factory walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties
- Experience in leading line staff/factory staff (2 years)
- At least 2 years’ experience in operation of factory machinery with motors and hydraulic systems
- Diploma or degree in technical field or biological science related discipline