The Finance and Contracts Manager will work alongside the Executive Director of Research and Operations providing strategic advice and management of all aspects of the programme’s financial management and contracting of downstream providers via a combination of research grants and subcontracts. T he Finance and Contracts Manager will manage a small team to support both the programme’s core functions and the grant funding mechanism, including by developing and supervising a systematic process for contract negotiation, review and due diligence with a wide range of downstream research providers, grantees and subcontractors. The Manager will also lead an effective process for financial oversight and reporting about the financial delivery of the overall programme and by downstream providers, including developing a Value for Money (VfM) approach, and reporting against financial performance indicators. Within this role, you will produce financial reports and ensure compliance with key donor requirements.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Define, develop and implement the financial and contract negotiation, review and management systems and procedures for delivery of the Evidence Fund, including for engagement and management of downstream grantees and subcontractors, and consistent with the requirements of donors.
- Manage project funds and banking operations, maintain project accounts and submit timely and reliable financial reports for Chemonics, project leadership, and clients.
- Monitor project resources to ensure timely transfer and disbursement of funds.
- In coordination with external counsel and Chemonics’ in-house contracts department, conduct contract reviews, establish a portfolio of contract templates, and negotiate subcontracts, grant agreements, and vendor agreements with downstream providers – with a focus on the engagement of research providers.
- Supervise the maintenance of an accurate database of information and records on all financial and contractual transactions and disbursements .
- Train new finance and non-finance staff on the program’s financial controls system.
- Ensure the project activities adhere to client and Head Office financial and contract review compliance procedures and guidelines as appropriate.
- Ensure project finance and contract management records are up to date and accurate.
- Provide senior advisory support to project procurement responsibilities including the management of vendor relationships.
- Demonstrable professional experience in financial and contract management (budgeting, accounting, auditing, contract review, negotiation, contract management).
- Extensive experience with financial and contract management of donor funded projects.
- Ability to systematically break down complex problems, complete an assessment of options and propose the optimal situation.
- Competent at working with teams and staff/contacts that may be in different locations, eg home office staff, local office staff and STTAs.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to collect and analyse data and produce coherent reports for donors and suppliers.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a multicultural setting.
***Please note that this role is contingent on award of the programme***
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our to learn how we process your personal data.