This position is based in Nairobi and reports to the organization’s FAM position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the MD and direct supervision of FAM the incumbent will be responsible for the performance of the following activities related to accounting and finance support functions for the W4W office. The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Cash Flow and Bank Flow Management;
- Process cash and bank payments and ensure proper compliance in documentation
- Weekly control of cash boxes and reflection in accountancy software
- Prepare salary information upon receipt of approved payroll
- Proper management of Petty Cash
- Reconciliation of accounts when needed
- Ensure that cash receipts are delineated with the petty cash fund
- Accountancy and Archiving;
- Day to day bookkeeping in QuickBooks
- Ensure proper allocation and recording of expenses
- Ensure records are up to date and archived appropriately
- Monthly closure of cash activity
- Retrieve documents needed for Audits
- Make recommendations in respect to efficiency and more effective work practices
- Financial Management;
- Provide key support in audit preparation process
- Work with FAM for proper W4W bookkeeping
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting records for all transactions and accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly management reports to the FAM as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of Monthly cash and bank disbursement journals 30th of every Month
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements by the close every month
- Review of all cash advances liquidations to ensure correct coding and adequate supporting documentations are attached.
- Ensure that all payment request and disbursements submitted to Finance are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are presented for payment
- Ensure Accounts Records Management is systematic, up to date and complete to meet accounting audit requirements
- Ensure all payments to the vendors are processed on time after approval by the FAM
- Ensure that signatories on releasing the online payments they also sign on the payment documents
- Coordinate management of incentive payment and ensure the payment is done on time
- Deal with payroll, expenses and VAT
Bank & Cash Management;
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report
- Ensure that the Petty cash replenishment is prepared the moment the paid cash is 80% of the cash float
- Ensure that all cash at hand must be locked in a safe overnight and on weekends.
- Liaison with vendors to resolve problems of long outstanding Payments
- Preparation of the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of cash forecasts Working with project staff to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
Training & Support;
- Assist FAM in training new staff on W4W accounting procedures and requirements, and also assists the project staff in finance related issues and activities.
- Assist FAM to train other colleagues on budget tracking, review expenditure documentation and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial accounting systems, transactional processing, procedures and processes
- Assist in the development and maintenance of high-quality procedural documentation and standards.
- Provide hands on (operational/proceeding) training as required for temporary staff,
- Identifying key issues and weakness in the system and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures.
- Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of expenditure reports from field.
- Ensuring that the internal controls are adhered to in all areas of operation.
- Develop and maintain fixed assets policy and implementation
- Ensure proper and strong coordination between departments
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the MD and or FAM
- Bachelor degree in business administration and or accounting/book keeping.
- At least CPA IV
- Good speaking and writing knowledge of English
- At least 5 years’ experience in a finance position.
- Experience with processes and procedures understanding and their implementations.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software (Quick Books).
- Good attention to detail.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning staff members and customers data and organization’s critical financial information.
- Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to take initiatives within a consultative framework.
Method of Application
Send your application letter together with your curriculum vita, quoting the position you are applying for to email@example.com on or before the 13th day of August 2021