EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of an In-house Insurance Role within a global organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good awareness of compliance and legal issues
- Experience of managing and administering complex issues with the ability to consistently stay on task and deliver results
- A demonstrable ability to maintain positive professionalism and productivity under occasional periods of intense work pressure
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse setting
- A positive “can do” attitude and deep commitment to Save the Children’s mission
- Member of a professional insurance/risk body e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute of Risk Management
- Working towards obtaining CII qualifications
- Qualified to degree level
- Through regular engagement with SCI’s global insurance broker and SCI’s Regional and Country Offices ensure, on global basis, local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure.
- Ensure up to date records of all local insurance arrangements is held in the global insurance repository.
- Responsible for the annual global renewal information collation and analysis to allow for timely and effective renewal negotiations.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to Country and Regional Offices relating to general insurance covers and re-charges and take direct accountability for this.
- Manage and take accountability for all insurance claims below £25,000 and support the Global Head of Insurance in administering the large and complex claims.
- Ensure that information is made available to relevant stakeholders in efficient manner; processes are updated as relevant and Intranet is up to date.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure, on global basis, all local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure and report on regular basis to the Finance Committee of the Board
- Ensure up to date records of all 300+ local insurance policies are held in the global insurance repository
- Prepare, update, and present accurately, all the information required by insurers, brokers and service providers in accordance with the annual renewal timetable
- Participate in, and contribute to, the negotiation of insurance policy renewals, to obtain the best possible combination of premiums, excesses and terms, appropriate to SCI’s needs
- Administer relevant policy documents and process renewal invoices in correspondence to the insurance budget
- Take responsibility for the implementation of Datix as SCI’s in-house insurance and claims management system and the interface of this with Marsh’s Marsh Global Connect
- Create and maintain accurate records of losses and claims, and ensure that timely and accurate information and statistics are supplied by insurers / claims managers
- Respond to notifications of loss, damage or injury, and ensure that the correct claims reporting procedures are understood and followed by staff and volunteers
- Manage insurance claims and support in administration of complex claims until their final reimbursement to the correct budget holder/claimant
- Draft and distribute internal procedural guidelines and information documents
- Respond to requests for information or guidance from any part of SCI and from external service providers, and to provide a helpful and meaningful response
- Undertakes gap analysis between local cover and global policies and support in effective resolution of any unacceptable gaps
- Identify and flag new insurance risks to the Global Head of Insurance and communicate with brokers and insurers accordingly.
- Communicate insurance arrangements and insurable risk management guidelines to stakeholders using appropriate media
- To participate fully as a member of the Risk team, being prepared to contribute to the formulation of work plans and support team members by working flexibly to ensure the effective provision of services
- Develop an understanding of insurance and risk financing theory and practice (with external study and tuition if appropriate)
- Participate in external groups and organisations (e.g. Airmic) when doing so will contribute to the effectiveness of the role performed in SCI