About the role
The Grants Associate will ensure that Grants/Project Funds update & management on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grants/Project Funds update & management on a monthly basis
- Track monthly grants expenses for the organisation
- Prepare financial reporting documentation for grantors
- Prepare accounting-related due diligence for potential grantors
- For any grants that require audit, direct the external audit & support with back-up documentation when required
- Record commitments to properly accrue revenue
- Reconcile Grants Receivable vs schedules of payments expected
- Lead grants-related testing and communication with auditors
- Monitor latest developments, laws etc. and adjust guidelines and processes to keep us aligned with best practices.
- Other ad hoc tasks as may be called upon
- BCOM degree (Accounting,Finance)
- A minimum of CPA 1 or it’s equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy Accounting environment with at least 1year in grants management.
- Advanced excel knowledge a MUST
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
Head office – Nairobi