Precision Development (PxD) seeks a Grants Management Coordinator to play a key role in PxD’s fundraising and grant management efforts, oversee grant management systems and support donor relationships across the organization.
The role will ideally be based in an established country office (Kenya), and will report to the Chief Development Officer and Director of New Programs. The successful candidate will also work closely with in-country management across PxD. The successful candidate must be able to build strong working relationships across multiple time zones, and be able to communicate effectively with the different programs and operational and research functions of PxD.
The successful candidate will have the freedom to try new ideas, and the opportunity to be part of a small team making a big difference.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Oversee grant management and tracking systems, and support initial implementation and successful consistent usage of Salesforce for grant, donor, and partner management across global operations;
- Track and ensure adherence to all grant requirements and obligations to donors, working with staff across the organisation, including senior staff;
- Input grant, donor, and partner information into Salesforce and maintain accurate and up-to-date records throughout the grant lifecycle, including inputting grant agreement terms and setting up deliverables and alerts when a new grant is awarded;
- Maintain a thorough record of organisational interactions and engagements with donors, partners, and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate and lead the creation of periodic grant renewal materials for donors;
- Support the development of compelling and accurate funding proposals, concept notes, budgets, grant reports, financial reports, and other materials;
- Support donor communications and relationship management e.g. by preparing detailed and timely meeting briefs and organising meetings on behalf of senior staff;
- Provide accurate funder updates and related content for PxD communications including Quarterly and Annual reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, networking and relationship building skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English;
- Friendly and flexible attitude;
- Commitment to PxD’s mission to leverage technology to improve the lives of the poor at scale.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-moving and start-up environment.
- Must be self-motivated and, in light of COVID-19, able to work and learn in a remote environment.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience of fundraising, grant/proposal writing, donor management and/or business development;
- Experience with Salesforce and/or familiarity with a grants management database.