ACDI/VOCA is seeking for experienced and talented professionals for the Grants Officer position.
The employee will work under the guidance of the Grants Director and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of grants, from pre-award to close out.
He/she will monitor all grant and subcontract implementation activities to ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor guidelines and budget.
This is a Nairobi based position with significant travel to the field.
- Assume responsibility for overall oversight and support to all aspects of the Associate awards grants.
- Participate in pre-award assessments, assist in logging in and review of all grant applications, Work with selected grantees to ensure budgets are in line with program activities and that costs are reasonable, allowable, and allocable. Conduct due diligence assessments for prospective grantees.
- Prepare award documents for review by the Grants Director and approval by relevant parties. This will include sub recipients’ agreements, negotiation memorandums and modification documents, among others.
- Prepare and review sub awardee agreements and budgets, monitor and track grantee expenditures in line with ACDI/VOCA and partnering organization procurement policies and standards.
- Process sub awardee and subcontract payments/reimbursement, maintain tracking schedules of sub recipients’ payments, expenses and reconciliations.
- Review grantee financial reports for accuracy and completeness, conduct site visits to verify grantee activities, and on-site financial reviews, followed by site visit reports.
- Identify grantee capacity building needs and provide technical assistance where needed.
- Assist in providing ongoing training and support to grantees to ensure compliance and good fiscal discipline.
- Filing and maintaining proper records of the grantee’s documents.
- Ensure timely and proper close out of grants. This will involve preparing relevant close-out documents for approval to include disposition documentation, modification agreements on close out where appropriate, close out checklists, release of liability documentation etc.
- Support the Finance team with other grants and Finance Sector activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, including business, accounting, or compliance.
- At least CPA Part II
- A minimum of five years of related experience in grants, subcontracts, procurement, and compliance with donor regulations
- Thorough knowledge and experience with USAID rules and regulations, and with current standards and guidelines with regarding to contracts and grants. Expert with FAR & AIDAR as applicable to subcontracting and procurement
- Demonstrated ability to manage the grants process life cycle using current methodologies and analytical techniques.
- Proven ability to design and develop successful and achievable project-related grants.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions.
- The ability to apply the clauses and negotiate without management or legal support
- Ability to independently develop amendments and modifications as a result of negotiations
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel independently.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends, and use information to create/improve processes.
Method of Application
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than July 13, 2021.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.