The position is generally responsible for providing strategic leadership in the ICT department by initiating, coordination, managing and evaluating innovative technologies / projects for the University in the areas of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and Implementation of the ICT strategy, to support the University’s strategic goals
- Developing, documenting and revising system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards;
- Establishing efficient and effective ICT systems in the University;
- Integration of ICT into University’s operations and institutionalizing automated systems for performance management;
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of ICT programs activities and implementing ICT projects within the organization;
- Undertaking periodic review of the ICT system projects and procedures for improvement;
- Managing the activities of ICT System Administrators, ICT Assistants and the Service Desk;
- Managing the expectations and schedules for ICT resolution activities;
- Providing technical computing advice and solutions to user problems;
- Maintaining an active awareness and knowledge of new computing service developments;
- Carrying out system audits on the utilization and viability of the University software;
- ICT training to end users on new systems within the University;
- Developing and implementing annual IT projects, plans and budget inputs for the approval by Management
- Ensuring proper and timely planning, specification, procurement and implementation of hardware and software.
- Ensuring availability and security of networked systems on the LAN/WAN, including email, Internet, File/Application server, antivirus server, domain controller.
- Ensuring proper management of the documentation of all server configurations and networked systems to ensure ease of recovery.
- Ensuring critical systems and applications are backed up and documented as set out in the Backup and Recovery Procedure document.
- Liaise person with suppliers to ensure outsourced services are maintained as per laid out service level agreements and implemented as expected.
- Works with Schools, Departments, and subject matter experts and other colleagues to develop and or enhance training documentation to support the delivery and use of ICT. Develop or enhance the ICT training documentation to support training events.
- Expected to continuously transform and improve the operational efficiency of the University by the application of appropriate technologies.
- Responsible for data center support, IP Telephony, Networking infrastructure, laptops and printers, help desk support, managing the bulk SMS system for Riara University.
- A Masters and Bachelor of IT/Computer Science or Management Information Systems degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive experience in a similar position/roles. A first-level Computer Science or Information Technology university degree in combination with 10 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s university degree
- Industry standard certification in Networking, Operating System Management, Project Management, Security and Digital Transformation technologies
- Experience with enterprise data architectures, integration, and master data management
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Experience of administration of Windows and Unix systems at corporate level
- Experience of administration of database servers and therefore familiarity with SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Sound knowledge of open data standards and data sharing systems using JSON objects, API interfaces, etc
- Highly technical, with experience applying technology to solve business problems.
- Working knowledge of the most common programming and scripting languages: PHP, Python, AngularJS, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Power BI, Power Apps and cloud computing services
- Experience working on ERP solutions Microsoft Dynamics, SAP B1
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills with a grasp of contemporary developments in ICT.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, management, resource mobilization and decision making skills.
- Creative and innovative team player.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above expectations are invited to apply for the position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Vice Chancellor by 22nd September, 2021. Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org