About The Job
Seedstars is looking for an experienced head of partnerships for Africa. Your main objective will be to sell Seedstars key programs and other products that can impact the local and regional startup ecosystems to ensure a steady revenue from these activities in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of the sales activities as well as a remote sales team. You will mainly work on institutional sales, but other clients might include corporates, governments, and foundations as well. Your main responsibility will be to increase the sales from our core capacity-building products (i.e. talent incubator, accelerator, etc.). This role can be done remotely.
- Increase the revenues in Africa by selling our core capacity-building products (i.e. talent incubator, accelerator)
- Evaluate areas of opportunity for revenue growth for specific market segments and key accounts and turn them into an actionable sales plan/sales playbook
- Monitor and analyze sales performance and progress, including financial reviews, P&L, CRM, etc.
- Management of a remote sales team in Africa and oversee sales performance
You embody the following Seedstars Values:
- Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- Independently Together: You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player. You know how to lead and motivate a team
- Follow the money: You are extremely results-oriented and know how to drive sales activity (as well as motivate your team to do so)
- You care about the solutions being created for entrepreneurs and clients, and are good at building trust and relationships
- You have a strong worth ethic, meaning you are motivated, trustworthy and take initiative and possess an unbounded intellectual curiosity that you channel toward driving impact for the region
- You have at least 5+ years of sales experience and demonstrated experience with sales in Africa and have experience in selling to ODA partners – mandatory.
- You have experience in managing effective sales teams
- You have a good understanding of finance (Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements) and master Excel
- Demonstrated sales experience in the entrepreneurship and innovation space is an added advantage.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Flexible working hours & fully remote team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.