Our client is seeking to recruit an HR Assistant who will provide support to management and staff on a range of Human Resources (HR) Management related policies, procedures, systems and issues. He/she will also be responsible for providing full administrative support to the Management.
Reports to: Director of the Kenyan Office and CEO of USA office.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 7pm-3am (Please note that you will be working night shifts at the office – the hours are subject to change as per USA daylight saving time)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate the administration of the Recruitment and Selection processes for Kenyan Office. Track recruitment KPIs and suggest improvements, as needed
- Plan, coordinate and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives. Ensure that the induction pack is maintained and kept up to date.
- Facilitate new employee information and maintenance to the Payroll Unit.
- Formulate and Provide advice on the interpretation of HR Policies, procedures, guidelines and employee relations issues to staff and management.
- Identify short-term and long-term organizational staffing needs.
- Maintain human resource data bases to ensure correct recording of all staff and employment related information such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates, disciplinary reports, leave forms etc. Coordinate and maintain the Human Resources personnel filing systems.
- Assist with the administration of HR systems and process as required.
- Responsible for organizing of internal and external meetings on behalf of the Director ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Drafting and writing high quality reports and presentations, as required by the Director.
- Manage the office environment and overseeing general maintenance of the office.
- Responsible for management of Office petty cash with the support of Finance.
- Facilitating Kenya and USA office communication as needed.
- Organizing and scheduling office activities.
- Monitor and provide office supplies i.e. Stationery and Kitchen supplies for staff and maintain adequate stock; ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price and quality for the company.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in HR Management, Business Management or related field
- At least 4 years ‘progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of local labour regulations, employment laws and legal regulations.
- Understanding of full cycle recruiting in various organizations (Experience with International organizations will be a plus)
- Excellent IT skills
- Professional qualifications in HR Management-Member of a professional body with a valid practicing license.
- International work experience or schooling in Europe or the USA will be an added advantage
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues of a confidential nature with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed results and outcomes.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with HR Assistant on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries