The Learning and Knowledge Management Officer supports the application of learning within Disaster Management (DM) to improve performance in humanitarian programmes. This is achieved through support to systems, structures and environments to capture, store and share knowledge, and apply learning to practice. Responsibilities of the role include: conducting learning processes and advocating for the incorporation of outcomes into WV’s humanitarian strategies, policies, and decisions; advising responses on and implementing knowledge and information management systems; leading analysis and development of humanitarian learning trend reports and info sheets; coordinating and continuously improving knowledge and learning products; coordinating and conducting collaboration spaces such as webinars and MS Teams.
- Coordinate Global Centre supported DM learning processes for Cat III and sustained humanitarian responses, and advise on other thematic or programme approach learning processes as requested.
- Advise Cat III and sustained humanitarian responses on and implement knowledge management and information management systems immediately after declaration and/or as requested.
- Advise on the development and continuous improvement of global DM knowledge, information and learning products, platforms and standards.
- Lead analysis for and development of learning trend products and support dissemination.
- Coordinate select knowledge sharing events and platforms for the DM Network, including webinars, events, and Centre of Competence (CoC) initiatives (particularly for the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) CoC).