The internship is for a duration of six (6) months. The Internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- a) Support preparation, design and development of web-based information resources.
- b) Support development of communications tools and plans to promote the second part of the Fifth session of the UN Environment Assembly – multimedia, social media and adverts.
- c) Develop and conduct a Series of Client Satisfaction Survey – including analyses to feedback to the clientele – especially the Committee of Permanent Representatives.
- d) Support effective communications with governing bodies, member States and their Permanent Missions to UN Environment in line with UN mandates and guidelines.
- e) Support follow-up on the production of official publications and documentation relating to the second part of Fifth session of the UN Environment Assembly.
- f) Provide Administrative support to the Governing Affairs Office.
- g) Any other roles and duties that may be assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the aims and objectives of the Governance Affairs Office.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation:
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients.
- Planning and Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Uses time efficiently
- Computer literacy:
- Has basic knowledge in website management and design.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Working knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of “confident” in two of the four areas.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Visit Their Website To Apply!