Responsible for monitoring all inventory transactions in the general ledger and report on the company’s inventory and assist in choosing the best inventory method for the company. Help in organizing physical inventory counts by overseeing the entire process and ensure its done efficiently and accurately for attainment of business goals.
The role is to monitor the net worth of stocks and maintain accurate records at all times to help the company in determine its profitability and ensure accurate financial statements.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect the levels of stock supplies to identify shortages and forecast future inventory requirements.
- Ensure products stocked are adequate for all distribution channels (branches) and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries to reconcile inventory.
- Use company’s designed software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory.
- Controlling flows of products and supplies and track inventory maintenance.
- Reporting to management and advising on inventory process improvements.
- Developing inventory loss mitigation processes and protocols.
- Compiling inventory reports and submit to the management as requested.
- Addressing any inventory problems, obstacles or challenges.
- Reconciling cashier sales report and submitting the variance report in due time.
- Ensure that all branch credit notes are posted in the system.
- Confirming that all supplier invoices have been entered into the system accurately and all goods returns have also been posted.
- Take part in regular company stock checks and submit the report.
- Follow up on all branch orders, confirming that they have been transferred to the respective branches.
- Ensure that the inventory data is accurate.
- Check and ascertain on the authenticity of all invoice documents.
- Give overall support to the accounts department.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Candidates within Nairobi are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.