The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Research and Development Engineer – Internet of Things.
The principal job tasks being as follows: –
- Software development of new products with focus on Industrial Internet of Things.
- Develop, test and debug software code using contemporary tools and techniques.
- Preparation of design documents, artifacts, and work products.
- Work in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Supervising commissioning of IoT projects.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes: –
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in full Software Development Life Cycle of IoT
- Holders of Upper 2nd class honours degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related fields from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Back-end languages – Python, PHP
- Cloud Platforms –Azure, AWS
- Databases – MongoDB, MySQL
- Hybrid Mobile App development – Flutter, Ionic
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the following will be an added advantage: APIs, Source Control with GitHub, Big Data, Laravel/CodeIgniter, Django. IT-OT Networking, Modbus, MQTT, Programmable Logic Controllers.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of specialists who derive their satisfaction from “Improving people’s lives through providing Water and Energy Solutions across Africa“.