Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Help Desk Assistant will assist in the management of all day-to-day IT issues including LAN related activities, office automation and Business application support for the Wananchi Group Staff.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Timely Resolution of Service Desk Requests
- User end LAN support and troubleshooting
- Office application installation and support
- Hardware preventative maintenance and repairs
- System User management
- Process documentation
- System Upgrades
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field from a recognized university
- At least 1-year relevant experience in a busy environment
- The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- The ability to communicate effectively and handle telephone calls proficiently is essential, as is experience of working in an administrative role.
- Ability to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances.
- Should be able to diagnose & solve problems in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience of effective communication with customers via a range of different channels.
- Attention to detail & demonstrated to work under pressure
- Confidence to engage with staff on all levels, self-motivated & capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Good working knowledge of browser technologies. Integrity and personal organization planning skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to helpdesk tickets
- Ticket closure
- Submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports
Method of Application
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with the job title ”IT Help Desk Assistant” as the subject line not later than 13th July 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.