The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly competent IT Regional Analyst to lead the regional IT support, the development and launching of new IT infrastructure in different offices of Africa and Asia and based on our CIP IT policies.
The position: This position will be responsible to provide the right IT infrastructure solutions in order to meet our business requirements, build stable IT environment and establish a good IT network to support the growth in Africa Region. This position requires a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse portfolio of requests, quickly mediate between competing priorities, and interact with the global IT team, contractors and business management while maintaining a regional perspective and an ability to work with IT department at CIP headquarters in Lima, Peru. The position requires a strong self-starter who can deliver consistently at a tactical level. Also, the person selected needs strong team interaction and business partnerships as well as administrative skills. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the IT Global Head.
- Responsible for supporting new IT initiatives implementation for regional offices in Africa and Asia.
- Provide IT support through CIP standard ticketing system and provide 1st and certain 2nd level support to regional users and escalate to internal and external providers.
- Ensure standardization and commonality for the IT hardware and software base, infrastructure across all sites in the regions, in alignment with CIP IT policies and standards.
- Monitor and evaluate local IT vendors’ service performance and provide input to global IT on common vendors performance in the regions.
- Remain knowledgeable of information technology and organization business operations.
- Manage lifecycle of all end user devices including desktops, laptops, printers, network equipment, and mobile phone in alignment with Global IT Operational procedures.
- Ensure all computers are properly managed: patched, virus protected, backed up, inventoried and compliant with CIP’s PC and laptop configuration standards, and information security policy and guidelines.
- Monitor and support local network and internet systems and contracts including mobile, fixed lines and Internet services.
- Provide IT training on IT solutions.
- Support business expansion in regional offices leading IT infrastructure installation in alignment with CIP standards and Plans.
- Support IT Procurement requirements in the regions in accordance to CIP operational procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by IT Global Head.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineer, MIS or comparable field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar positions providing Windows user application and endpoint management support including escalation to specialized teams and suppliers and Azure infrastructure.
- Good understanding of network communication, telephone systems, and IT security.
- Good IT infrastructure implementation and upgrade project experience.
- ITIL Foundations, Project management and/or Information security studies and certifications are desirable.
- Experience providing Microsoft Intune, Mac support and SharePoint content creation desirable.
- Advanced speech and writing English language skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenyan nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a one-year (with a 3-month probation period) possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding.
Apply Via https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/?utm