1. Relationship Manager – Business Banking
- Deliver the revenue and balance sheet targets assigned by identifying and maintaining target customers/ customer segments within each catchment area.
- Manage the profitability of product portfolios and customers as well as improve the profitability through increased fee income generation.
- Ensure the overall credit quality of the asset book within acceptable limits.
- Review the overall portfolio in a timely manner and recommend appropriate credit facilities in line with the bank’s credit policy to maximize earnings while containing risks to an acceptable level.
- Obtain audited financial statements, analyze and recommend credit proposals of potential borrowers to the approving authority to meet financial objectives.
- Maintain complete control aspects i.e., documentation, periodical customer visits / call reports, expires on monthly manner in order to monitor the assigned portfolio effectively and to ensure all statutory and controls for the business processes
- Manage assigned relationships to ensure satisfactory account conduct and early ratification of various credit related issues.
- Undergo an annual review process on the assigned portfolio to maintain strict credit discipline.
- Identify the segment target market to broad – base the portfolio and pursue growth opportunities towards on boarding of the new clients.
- Ensure high performance culture and delivery of professional and quality customer service.
- Monitor customer complaints, approaching complainant personally where required to ensure prompt resolution.
- Ensure follow ups on exception report with regard to returned Cheques and call for explanation from customer where necessary.
- Ensure follow ups on deficiency reports.
- Ensure timely & accurate submission of regular & adhoc management reports.
- Ensuring all portfolio monitoring/management processes & measures are undertaken regularly and on an on-going basis and all credit files are properly maintained with a view to achieving good audit rating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/ Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Marketing or equivalent.
- Certification or Degree or Diploma in the relevant area
- Credit knowledge and marketing skills.
- Functional Policies and Procedures.
- Relevant Product Knowledge.
- Knowledge of banking practice and theory and bank’s credit policy and operating systems.
- Compliance and Regulatory requirements knowledge for each of the products.
Work Experience :
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in banking, with at least 2 years in managing medium-large commercial portfolio at senior levels in well-established and recognized financial institutions.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Customer Focus.
- Selling Skills.
- Foundations & principles of Islamic finance.
2. Relationship Manager – Commercial Banking
- To develop the sales plans in line with overall Commercial Business Plans and the Business Plans of different customers managed by Commercial Banking. Also to ensure that product revenue and profitability targets are achieved/exceeded.
- To understand customer’s business and to anticipate the requirements through a consultative selling process. To match customer’s needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored demonstrations and proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximize revenue and profitability.
- To provide structured solutions to meet the specific cash management requirements of our customers and prospects.
- To undertake a disciplined product-oriented sales management process. To monitor, track and report on sales activity on a periodic basis and to ensure action is taken to meet sales targets.
- To train Junior RMs and other Transaction Banking Sales Managers in product knowledge, provide technical product expertise and conduct joint calls to ensure joint sales goals are met, new revenue opportunities are identified and customer.
- Feedback on product and competition is obtained.
- To assist product management and development in strategic product rollouts.
- To provide feedback and assistance to all areas of transaction banking; e.g., Product Management, Marketing, etc. to ensure that the voice of the customer and local requirements are incorporated into ongoing plans and initiatives. To keep abreast of customers’ needs, trends and product/market intelligence for new product developments/enhancements, strengthening competitive position.
- To ensure smooth deal implementation and adherence to high levels of service quality.
- To identify opportunities for cross selling and referrals to other Banking lines through developing a good understanding of client needs.
- Facilitate customer service issues and to ensure a high level of post sales service is made available to the clients at all times
- To monitor the progress of the local implementation team.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- In depth knowledge of commercial banking products and DIB strategy & policies
Work Experience :
- 5-6 years of Commercial Banking experience of which at least 4 years of Relationship Management exposure is a must.
- Effective leadership, decision-making and team building skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong marketing, selling and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of local commercial banking market and vision about future direction and market sensitivities.