1. Operations Manager
Reporting to the Innovations & Partnerships Manager, the job holder will be tasked with assisting in integrating the operational strategy of the brokerage business through underwriting, handling claims, networking and bringing in new business while ensuring excellent customer service in service delivery.
- Negotiate quotations and policy terms and costs with insurance providers and placement of cover.
- Assist in development of new, innovative and unique products as well as restructuring existing products to suit clients’ needs.
- Client portfolio management through discussing and assessing clients’ current and future insurance needs.
- Directly responsible for collection of insurance premiums for the customers handled by self.
- Scheduling and attending meetings/presentations and market stakeholders meetings.
- Preparing monthly reports for insurance underwriters as well as daily and weekly reports for the Managing Director.
- Underwriting and claims handling within set timelines.
- Tender administration.
- Marketing services through cross selling and introduction of new clients.
- Lead generation and dissemination.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures regarding insurance business.
- Proper records management.
- Attend to any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience & Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management /Economics or related field.
- At least 5 years work experience gained within an insurance brokerage set up.
- Postgraduate insurance and risk management qualification will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident negotiation skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Reliability and honesty.
Reporting to the Innovations & Partnerships Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports & statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for supportive services such as office administration, claims administration by ensuring efficient and seamless settlement of claims to the delight of all stakeholders.
- Maintaining books of accounts while ensuring statutory and management accounts are prepared accurately and submitted on time.
- Convening a fortnightly credit committee meeting, and ensuring debtors are managed effectively. .
- Co-coordinating all tax computations and remittances for the company.
- Safeguarding the company’s assets and resources against loss, theft and ineffective use by installing and maintaining appropriate internal control systems. Report exceptions in the quarterly self-audit report.
- Steering the designing of accounting systems; manage their implementation, maintenance and modification.
- Liaising with external auditors and statutory bodies to ensure compliance as required by the Insurance and Companies Acts.
- Ensuring compliance with finance and accounting standards and regulations.
- Participating in direct preparation of budgets & forecasts, and report performance against actual.
- Efficient and effective management of the company’s business cycle in relation to timely debt collection, timely processing of payments for goods and services rendered.
- Reviewing cash flows and financial requirements for the organization.
- Ensuring ISO standards are implemented and maintained.
- Attend to any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accountancy, statistics, economics or related subject.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar position with working experience of; preparation of financial statements, use of comprehensive electronic accounting systems, use of electronic financial analysis & reporting tools.
- High level of integrity especially in regards to confidentiality.
- Strong foundation of basic insurance knowledge including an understanding of underwriting, insurance market trends, finance, statistics and economics.
- Expertise in interpreting information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good computer knowledge especially using excel.
- Good decision-making ability.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
Method of Application
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your applications to the following address: email@example.com on or before 28th September 2021. Please put the position applied for as the subject of the email.