1. Pharmacist – Kisii Medical Centre
Vacancy No: AKHK/PD/002
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief pharmacist, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the management, use and control of pharmaceuticals in the hospital and to work with all stakeholders (doctors and other care givers) in ensuring efficient, ethical and safe application of pharmaco-therapy in patient management.
- Proactive and effective interventions at all stages of medication management and use system (MMU) by: –
- Overseeing safe dispensing procedures and ensuring safe drug use processes (drug administration and monitoring of drug effects)
- Actively participating in drug-use-reviews (DUR) by advising prescribers on rational and optimal pharmacological drug effects and by conducting appropriate patient education.
- Participating in clinical rounds
- Participating in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives
- Safe and accurate drug preparation techniques (aseptic IV admixtures, High alert drug handling)
- Promoting service excellence and client satisfaction:
- Proactively engaging in follow up of client concerns and timely feedback.
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy service flow by managing turn-around-times.
- Participating in Quality Initiatives:
- Formulating and implementing quality related projects (PDCAs)
- Reviewing and implementing quality processes and procedures
- Stock management:
- Effective stock monitoring for optimal stock levels
- Stock variance reporting and control
- Preparation and timely submission of expected reports such as medication error report, interventions, stock variance and client satisfaction reports.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized University.
- Registration Certificate and Practice License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Kenya.
- 2 years’ work experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite will be an added advantage.
2. Refrigeration Technician (Locum)
Vacancy no: AKHK/MRT/002
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Facility the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the existing and new refrigeration, air-conditioning, and mechanical ventilation installations are always in a safe and good working order and that they are in good repair state.
- Carry out in a timely manner the planned preventive maintenance assigned to you as per the PPM schedule.
- Carry out in a timely manner the routine maintenance works raised in the maintenance help desk and those assigned to you by the supervisor
- Maintain in good order all the existing and new refrigeration, air-conditioning, and mechanical ventilation installations of the institution.
- Carry out in a timely manner the preventive maintenance works as per the preventive Maintenance schedule.
- Carry out in a timely the routine maintenance works as per the help desk ticket / maintenance voucher requests
- Proper coordination is carried out between yourself, your work colleagues and the maintenance office for works related in your field of operations
- You will ensure that all works being carried out by you or under your supervision follow the Joint Commission International standards, International Standard Organization standards and any other quality patient safety standards practiced by the institution.
- Record the true status of all the elements on the daily maintenance checklist.
- Minimum of a Certificate in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning work.
- 2 years of relevant work experience – experience in a busy medical institution is highly desirable.
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th August 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for i.e “PHARMACIST AKHK/PD/002” or “REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN AKHK/MRT/002”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”