1. Economic strengthening Assistant
Reference number ES/ASST/O8/2021
Reporting to the Economic strengthening officer, the Economic Strengthening assistant is responsible for supporting the DREAMS and OVC economic strengthening activities which include supporting Local Market Assessment, rollout, monitoring and supporting youth savings groups, provision of start-up kits, enrolment of youth on apprenticeship and vocational training in addition to linkage to employment and internship; ensuring quality of intervention meets the project objectives. He/she will support DREAMS to conduct sensitization meetings on economic strengthening initiatives, engagement of local actors and preparing monthly project performance reports.
Project Coordination and Supervision
- Works with the program associates to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures implementation of the plans and prudent utilization of resources.
- Holds regular feedback meetings and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Conducts support supervision visits to project beneficiaries ensuring that beneficiaries are adequately provided with needed support.
- Continually communicates to the SPO DREAMS and program associates on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
- Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with Community leaders as well with other OVC and youth actors to promote economic strengthening initiatives and market Tujitegemee project.
Service delivery to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
- Conduct market assessment to identify market-led opportunities available for vulnerable groups and AGYW and stakeholders and community resources mapping.
- Work with project team to link AGYW not in school to relevant empowerment programs e.g. CAP YEI
- Work with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of AGYW and their households to GOK cash transfers, economic strengthening programs, Internship, Apprenticeship and other support.
- Work with GoK departments and county government departments to offer extension services to strengthen the capacity of farmer groups, positive parenting groups, YSLA/VSLA groups and peer to peer support groups.
- In collaboration with local administrators identify, enrol and monitor youth enrolled on vocational, apprenticeship, employment, internship and income opportunities. Train and mentor program associates to deliver services to OVC caregivers and AGYW. These services shall include but not limited to trainings on YSLA/VSLA, Financial Capability Training (FCT), entrepreneurship training.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conduct structured support supervisions and checks to AGYW startups, VSLA/YSLA groups and other AGYW economic strengthening initiatives at the community.
- Participate in data review meetings together with the project team and other stakeholders to ensure effective data entry, analysis, reporting and accountability for results.
- Support project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in Economic strengthening initiatives.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly reporting Economic strengthening officer.
- Diploma in business administration, community development, agriculture and other related disciplines.
- Previous experience working with decentralized, community-based projects
- Previous experience with savings group programming is preferred
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to be based in the field and to travel long distances
- Fluency in one or more languages of the operating area
- Good community mobiliser and facilitator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
- Valid motorcycle permit.
2. Meal Officer(DREAMS)
MEAL OFFICER /O8/2021
Reporting to the Data Manager, the MEAL officer will responsible for the day-to-day tracking and reporting of activities under the USAID Tujitegemee project. The role includes development of standardized data collection tools and database systems; monthly data collection; verification of results reported; analysis and presentation of findings and project progress; set up of project accountability mechanisms; and the documentation of feedback and response from and to partners and project beneficiaries. The position requires close working with the government departments including Ministry of Health and Department of children services.
The officer will ensure that systems are in place to measure the project’s impact and progress and that data is readily available to be used as a foundation for programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making. The MEAL officer will ensure capacity of partners and staff in MEAL is enhanced, beneficiaries and other stakeholders have opportunity to give and receive feedback, and documentation of project learning is consistent with project learning agenda.
- Ensure Tujitegemee MEAL systems comply with both AMURT and donor requirements.
- Participate in the development and standardization of forms and tools to collect relevant disaggregated data on project monitoring indicators, effects, and impacts
- Develop data flow and reporting maps, and templates to ensure the appropriate information arrives to the right program staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the development of tools to track progress on sustainability plans at the organizational/institutional levels, and benchmarks for household graduation/transition.
- Systematically collect, validate, and analyze data and ensure that it is accurate and of the highest quality by conducting regular data quality assessments.
- Review relevant data collection systems as implemented by partners, to ensure rigor and appropriateness of practices.
- Work closely with other TUJITEGEMEE staff to produce high-quality data and progress reports as per the reporting intervals (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually)
- Support Tujitegemee technical staff to design and implement assessments, gender analysis, stakeholder analysis, organizational capacity assessments, and other data collection and analysis activities.
- Participate and support in the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) to improve effectiveness of service delivery.
- Ensure project evaluations (baseline, mid-term, final) are organized and managed in a timely and quality manner.
- Ensure evaluation results are communicated to project stakeholders and used to enhance learning and improve interventions.
- Ensure that all project monitoring arrangements comply with the project and donor agreements and ensure that agreements are concretely operationalized.
- Work with other Tujitegemee staff to identify community defined indicators that will show success in the eyes of the project beneficiaries
- Work with other Tujitegemee staff to set up feedback and response mechanisms that will allow the project to receive and respond to feedback from the project beneficiaries
- Support Tujitegemee technical staff to develop a learning agenda and design associated operations research.
- Support the documentation of lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Ensure project lessons learned are captured and used in future similar projects.
- Facilitate the use of Tujitegemee project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices.
- Participate in the assessment of MEAL capacity of local partner staff, develop and implement capacity improvement plans in line with gaps identified
- On-site capacity building of program and partner staff implementing Tujitegemee project, including but not limited to staff with dedicated MEAL responsibilities, that will include formal and on-the job staff training
- Distance support to field offices and partner teams implementing Tujitegemee project through document reviews, emails and conversations which provide tools, resources, and practical advice on assessments, MEAL system setup, and improvements to MEAL practices
- Assist in developing digital data collection systems, where appropriate.
- Support the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, international development, economics or related field; a Master’s degree in M&E would be an added advantage
- Five years of relevant professional experience in project-level MEAL, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases
- Experience in designing and implementation of mixed method evaluation plans
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience in using data analysis software, preferably SPSS and STATA
- Skills in developing project M&E databases desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
Method of Application
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.