1. Cluster Director
About the Opportunity
The Cluster Director will provide strategic guidance to the CEOs of the West and Central Africa cluster of subsidiary microfinance companies of BIHBV, to support the growth and implementation of microfinance in these countries (currently Sierra Leone, Liberia and Rwanda). S/he will support CEOs in planning, coordinating, guiding and provide the necessary technical support to the CEOs to achieve the company specific goals in line with BIHBV’s Growth for Impact Strategy. The Strategy aims to grow net clients by one million, expand into up to five new countries, and implement initiatives across six strategic priority areas including impact measurement, innovative product development and digital transformation, over the next five years.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance and leadership to the West and Central African cluster of the BRAC International Microfinance portfolio in line with the mission and vision of BRAC.
- Support the CEOs to set objectives with achievable action plans to make the Microfinance company a sustainable and efficient operation in line with the Growth for Impact Strategy and each entity’s five-year business plan.
- Support the CEOs in matters related to governance for each of the subsidiary companies.
- Support the Director, Operations BIHBV in the expansion activities and strategic transformations in West and Central Africa. From new country scoping to company set-up.
- Establish an effective and competent participatory management style as well as support CEOs to promote equal opportunity of employment with a strong focus on gender issues and women in leadership.
- Contribute to and support the CEOs in the development of successors through training, mentoring and exposure visits, and work closely with HR to identify training/development requirements.
1. Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the entity by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
2. Ensure all team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedures.
3. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encouraging others to do the same.
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Values and Vision – commitment to the vision, mission, and values of BRAC
- Extensive and proven track record in managing a financial institution/s
- Experience in financial planning, management, and analysis of financial institutions
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in impact driven microfinance
- Experienced in working with diverse groups of people and respectful towards cultural diversity
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in people management
- Able to work in a challenging environment with poor infrastructure and human capacities and difficult security conditions
Able to build effective relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to meet shared objectives
Experience Requirements: At least 15 years’ experience in a technical or management position including financial institutions
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: This role will be in Nairobi or one of the BIHBV operating countries in Africa with extensive international travelling.
Visit Their Website To Apply!
2. Veterinary Surgeon – Livestock Services
- Technical assistance to AISP for increase AI knowledge through refresher training and counseling
- Organize & provide services in health camp, mobile veterinary clinic, progeny show and film show for market promotion.
- Provide health services on vaccination, de-worming, reproductive diseases, theriogenology, diseases management of livestock belongs to farmers under AI Enterprise.
- Assist to prepare training materials and conduct & facilitate training session for AISP & Farmers on veterinary services.
- Help in pre-selection of breeding bull and help the technocrats in selection process.
- Attend in regional sales meeting in the fields to evaluate/assess on need for veterinary services.
- Participate in call center and e-veterinary services to the farmers directly.
- Maintain liaisons and build up relation with Government & others stakeholders.
- Report preparation, analysis, find the challenges and take necessary operational actions on those findings in favor of Manager, Livestock Service and Training.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
The candidate should have Graduation/ MS in Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or Veterinary Science with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations from any recognized institution.