1. Senior Associate, Corporate Affairs
Reporting to the Company Secretary & General Manager Regulatory & Legal Affairs; Corporate Affairs; Risk & Compliance the job holder will be responsible for:
- Communication and Stakeholder management
- Support the Head of Department in the development and execution of CDSC communication and public engagement strategies;
- Developing and implementing appropriate Corporate Affairs and public relations strategies, programs, and policies to achieve positive image & brand for CDSC;
- Managing the Corporation’s internal and external communications and ensuring that the Corporation’s reputation and image standards are met in all communications in both tone and message and in line with the Corporation’s mission and vision;
- Draft speeches and provide professional input into all communication opportunities identified for the CEO and other senior staff;
- Prepare write-ups for press releases, annual reports, newsletters and other CDSC publications;
- Managing and coordinating research into stakeholder’s perceptions and image of the Corporation, to maintain positive reputation for the Corporation;
- Leading the implementation of the Corporation’s media-relations strategy to enhance goodwill and positive coverage for the Corporation by maximizing media opportunities;
- Planning & managing the Corporation’s key events; Oversee all corporate branding and coordination during company’s corporate events;
- Managing the development and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programs that support the growth of the Corporation’s values and image;
- Advising senior management on key strategic communications to uphold a positive image and reputation for the Corporation;
- Management of the Corporate Affairs Department budget;
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the work of third party communication services providers, including writers, designers and printers in line with the agreed terms of engagement;
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in corporate affairs management. Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business strategic plans and culture;
- Oversee social media, website and intranet content creation and management.
- Partnerships and networks
- Implement strategies for strengthening collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders, government agencies and key partners;
- Maintain close and mutual relationships with media houses, update media data base and facilitate collaborative initiatives including publication of press releases;
- Coordinate the Corporation’s relationships with regional and international partners;
- Review and propose improvements to public relations and stakeholder engagement mechanisms.
- Degree in Communications or Public Relations or equivalent
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a busy organization’s Corporate/ Communication department
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism or related field is an added advantage
- Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
- Experience and qualifications in research is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent professional writing, editing and communication skills and experience;
- Excellence in written and spoken word;
- Results oriented and outstanding problem solving skills;
- Organizational skills; compliance with deadlines and budgets;
- Efficient budget planning and management;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters;
- An appreciation of the capital markets operations.
2. Data Systems Administrator
Reporting to Data Systems Specialist, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Manage business systems
- Assist with the creation, monitoring and maintenance of production and test databases
- Assist with the setup and management of database resilience and backup strategies
- Assist with the automation of regular database support activities
- Perform regular processes (e.g. daily OS and DB checks, regular performance tuning) in an accurate and timely manner
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS) and other related systems
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning
- Communicate regularly with technical and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of database
- Other duties as assigned
- Disaster recovery
- Participate in design and implementation of CDSC’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and
- Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) and provide support in the technical sourcing, construction and implementation of the plans.
- Ensure compliance to all internal ICT and business policies and procedures, and with external laws and regulations.
- ICT Projects
- Assist with the planning for projects from the initial phase onwards;
- Work with various project teams to provide sound advice on database requirements for all applications being implemented.
- ICT Support
- Provide timely end user support including addressing change requests, amendments, deletions and additions, queries etc;
- Respond to support requests and ensure service levels are maintained;
- Assist with the design, implementation and maintenance of database services and infrastructure to support CDSC client deliveries and internal services.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in ICT.
- At least 3 years’ experience in database administration.
- Possession of relevant ICT professional certification. Oracle Database Administration (OCP) preferable.
- Knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, i.e. (Microsoft Windows and Unix).
- Experience in Database Administration, Database Tuning, Database Management, Database Security and RDBMS.
- Good working knowledge of, and confidence administering on Solaris/Linux platforms.
- Experience of Unix Scripting.
- Thorough knowledge of database management systems technologies.
- Understanding of data and database security issues and remedies.
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, CDSC invites you to send your CV, cover letter; stating your salary, reporting line and your expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before close of business 30th July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted