1. FX Trader
Are you outgoing, enthusiastic and a highly motivated professional with a genuine interest in financial markets and looking for an opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced environment? If yes, The Co-operative Bank of Kenya “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place that will give you an opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge of the treasury functions, the foreign exchange functions, banking services, financial sector and all key relevant stakeholders.
Reporting to Head of Treasury, the role holder will be responsible for Foreign Exchange functions of position management and income generation as well as Unit strategy development and implementation in liaison with the Head of Trading Desk.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Develop, document and implement the Treasury trading strategy on all currency pairs traded based on fundamental and technical analysis in liaison with Head of Trading Desk.
- Manage the bank’s FX position while monitoring statutory and internal limits.
- Carry out market survey and intelligence to establish market expectations on trends for key currency pairs.
- Trade in Foreign Exchange to achieve budget foreign exchange revenue.
- Meet customer needs on all currency transactions
- Manage all Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange trading unit activities ensuring all procedures and policies are followed.
- Actively contribute to improvements in quality/efficiency of treasury products delivery processes.
- Handle position and profit reconciliations in liaison with Market Risk, finance and back office departments.
- Support the training program of Trainee & Junior dealers in the unit
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in any Business related field, mathematics or engineering
- At least four (4) years of general banking experience, with at least a minimum of 2 years in direct foreign exchange and money market trading and treasury operations
- Be a Certified Foreign Exchange and Money market Dealer (ACI) and in possession of ACI dealing certification.
- Good knowledge of risk management and its application to financial markets.
- Thorough knowledge of the end-to end processes of Treasury products and services.
- Experience in using FX trading platforms.
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
- Good negotiation skills and an Excellent Team Player.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomics to interpret likely currency and interest rate trends both locally and on international markets.
- Knowledge of Local and international market events and their likely impact on currency and interest rates
2. Services Engineer (Mechanical)
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professional with the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures coupled with good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Head — Projects & Facilities, the Services Engineer will be charged with the responsibility to ensure proper and cost-effective maintenance of serviceable items i.e. air conditioners, electrical faults, structured cabling, generators and other bank equipment.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods including planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance to minimize unpredicted breakdowns, assess and analyze repair and breakdown costs and recommend equipment upgrading or replacement.
- Manage and oversee routine scheduled maintenance work and respond to equipment faults while carrying out quality inspections on jobs to verify and forward job cards and invoices to Finance for payment.
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components. This will entail preparing bills of quantities for new and refurbished branches to include intruder alarm, CCTV, internal and fascia signage.
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs by responding to breakdowns with agility and following up with vendors doing diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Control Capital Expenditure for projects and maintain renovation costs.
- Maintain statistical and financial records for premises and equipment that are up to date.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Manage inventory of supplies and bank equipment including generators, Air Conditioners, vault doors and safes, ATMs and firefighting equipment.
- Prepare BQ’s and tender specification as required in relation to specialist items installations.
- Prepare repair specifications, select suitable contractors to carry out the works and prepare maintenance tender documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations as stipulated in the Law, knowledge of the contract law, and arbitration related to building construction.
- Highly flexible, on call 24/7 with the ability to travel to distant branches when required (Must have a valid driving license) and willing to put in extra hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.