1. Procurement, Logistics And Administrative Assistant
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Kenyan National for the following position: ProLog & Admin Assistant. The position is based in Nakuru County, and reports to the Area Programme Manager
The main responsibilities of the ProLog & Admin Assistant:
- Lead in ensuring DCA Procurement Manual Policy and procedures are followed in all Nakuru office procurements.
- Undertake procurement of project supplies and services for Nakuru office including conducting market surveys and trend analysis as per the project documents, in line with DCA Procurement policies and approved scheme of delegation for the field office.
- Maintain an up-to-date fleet management records including vehicle and motorbikes records in liaison with the drivers and riders.
- Manage drivers and ensure policies and procedures are being followed, including verification of fuel and service
- Ensure proper management of stores including receiving and issuing goods, developing stores reports and reconciliations.
- Maintain and update the DCA Nakuru Office assets register
- Reconcile hotel, air tickets & taxi expense reports & requesting for payments for Nakuru Office.
- Support event planning, including sourcing and booking venues, confirming attendance, and preparing materials for the Nakuru Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in in business administration, management, or similar disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in Procurement, General Administration , Asset and Inventory management, security procedures, and vehicle management in an International organization.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office – particularly MS Word & Excel)
- Self-motivation, integrity, creativity, commitment and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
2. Project Technical Assistant – Monitoring Evaluation Accountability And Learning (MEAL) & Digital Innovation
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Kenyan National for the following position: MEAL & Digital Innovation Asistant. The position is based in Nakuru County, and reports to the Project Coordinator
The main responsibilities of the MEAL & Digital Innovation Assistant:
- Coordinate processes to identify, design and/or adapt tech-enabled extension worker tracking and monitoring systems with third party providers.
- Lead the development of systems and processes for the implementation of the project MEAL frameworks. Support efforts to build the capacity of project staff, partners and other relevant stakeholders on implementation of MEAL actions.
- Maintain an updated Indicator Performance Tracker (IPT) for the Daisy project, including maintenance of an agile and accessible secure physical and digital filing system and project database.
- Lead in researching and identifying performance, skills, knowledge, information, and attitude gaps of project beneficiaries and partner staff and create and/or select learning experiences to fill this gap.
- Lead in facilitating learning design processes together with end-users, subject matter experts, project leads, interaction designers, external partners, and the communities.
- Lead the documentation of project results, impact, best practices and significant changes. Document learning and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform programming and advocacy.
- Using advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis methods generate datasets, assessments, and reports analysis to support project staff in generating high quality reports for various audiences.
- Collect and manage complaints and feedback in close coordination with Project team. Track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated project complaints tracker.
- Technical level education in Statistics, Social Sciences, ICT, Development Studies, Project Management or other relevant field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with INGOs.
- Experience in Digital Data Collection software such as Kobo, ODK, Magpi, Commcare etc.
- Strong skills in data analysis and visualisations, both qualitative and quantitative data analysis with at least three of these softwares: MS-Excel, STATA, SPSS, Power Bi, NVIVO and other data management software.
- Knowledge of setting up and use of Digital Data Collection Software e.g. Commcare, Magpi, etc.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required
3. Project Coordinator
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Coordinator – Sustainable pyrethrum market system development project in Kenya(Daisy) Project. The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru, Nyandarua, West Pokot and Elgeyo Marakwet Counties and reports to the Area Programme Manager – Nakuru Office. The Daisy project is a 42-month intervention that aims at contributing to a sustainable business eco-system, improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers and workers engaged in the pyrethrum sub-sector in Kenya.
The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are:
- Lead in the coordination and day to day implementationof the project including delivery of DCA-led project activities, budget oversight, work planning and reporting. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Technical lead in partners capacity building and training onthematic areas of financial inclusion, enterprise development, community savings and loaning schemes, including content generation, training and follow-up, and support in deployment of training to target project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovationinitiatives at the field level in close consultations with the Area Programme Manager, Head of Programme, DCA consortium partners and relevant key stakeholders. These will include digitising key elements in the pyrethrum value chain interventions by DCA and partners as well as improving technical solutions in reducing pre & post-harvest losses.
- Ensure that all financial and narrative reporting (internal and external) are completed in a timely and accurate manner (including quarterly reports covering systems and projects, donor reports, etc.)
- Network and coordinatewith other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangementsfor DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Area Programme Manager.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Area Programme Manager from time to time.
- University level education in business, development studies, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical and demonstratable skills and hands on experience us a master trainer on economic empowerment (including aspects of business and enterprise development, financial literacy and financial inclusion, responsible business conduct and/or corporate social responsibility).
- Demonstrable expertise in agri-business support, organisational capacitydevelopment and intensive lobbying and advocacy aimed at enhancing economic empowerment of smallholder farmers.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
- Operational knowledge of working in the pyrethrum sub-sector is an added advantage